Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The lights of the Olympics go out

Finally the London Olympics are over.
It have been great, but also a great big distraction that has kept me from writing. I had anticipated that would be the case, particularly as the Games were taking place in the UK - my far off home.
If I couldn't be there, the next best thing was to immerse myself in the experience through online live broadcasts - which I did, without regret.
The closing ceremony included a video of John Lennon singing 'Imagine' - a song that more than ever is recognised the world over for its peaceful sentiments.
Imagine a world where we all get along happily, with shared experiences of an uplifting nature like those provided in abundance by these Olympic Games.
Farewell Olympics 2012 - it was a great journey.
Tom Newton Dunn, political editor at The Sun newspaper, captures something poignant with these few words: "The lights are going out all over East London, we will not see them lit again. But we will always remember the greatest ever Olympics."
And now my focus returns to that final chapter of Dolphin Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment